Lives of the fellows

Charles Henry Cattle

b.1856 d.8 February 1943
MD Lond FRCP(1908)

Charles Henry Cattle, a Wesleyan minister’s son, was sent to a Wesleyan College for his education and to Leeds Medical School and University College, London, for his professional training. He qualified in 1876 and held resident appointments in the Leeds General Infirmary and Public Dispensary. He then settled in general practice in Nottingham, but was able to establish himself as a successful consultant after being appointed to the staff of the General Hospital in 1901. He was also physician to the Ransom Sanatorium for Tuberculosis and lectured for some years on materia medica at Nottingham University College. He belonged to the B.M.A. for sixty-three years. He was a keen cyclist and walker. By nature he was simple and retiring, and deeply attached to his religion.

G H Brown

[B.M.J., 1943]

(Volume IV, page 488)

<< Back to List