b.5 October 1867 d.4 September 1940
MD Lond MRCS FRCP(1900)
H. A. Caley qualified at St. Mary’s Hospital in 1890 and graduated with first-class honours in medicine and honours in obstetric and forensic medicine in 1891. He held a number of junior appointments at St. Mary’s and in 1896 was elected physician in charge of outpatients. He was dean of the Medical School from 1899 until 1907, when he became full physician, and was lecturer on pharmacology and joint lecturer on medicine. He was a member of the Senate of London University for a time. His outside appointments included one at the Hostel of St. Luke. Ill health forced him to give up work in 1908, and three years later he relinquished his physicianship at St. Mary’s. Caley married in 1905 Dorothy, daughter of Rev. F. W. Green, vicar of East Budleigh, Devon, and had issue.
G H Brown
[St. Mary's Hospital Gazette, 1907, xiii, 49; 1911, xvii, 67]
(Volume IV, page 418)
<< Back to List