b.31 July 1921 d.1 April 2005
MB BS Lond(1944) MRCS LRCP(1944) MRCP(1951) FRCP(1972)
Curtis Dudley Routh was a consultant venereologist in Dartford, Gravesham and Maidstone, Kent. He was born in what was then known as Constantinople, the son of Randolph Alfred Constant Routh, a civil servant and a lieutenant colonel in the British Army, and Madeleine Mary de Senn, the daughter of Pierre Charles Francois de Senn, a man of ‘independent means’. He was educated at Hurst Grange Preparatory School, Stirling, and then Haileybury College. He went on to study medicine at St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School, qualifying in 1944.
He held a house physician post at Bart’s between October 1944 and March 1945, and was then a house physician at the Seaman’s Hospital, Greenwich, from March to October 1945. He then joined the RAMC as a captain, serving until 1948.
On demobilisation, he became an assistant medical officer in the venereal diseases department and clinical assistant in the skin department at Royal Sussex County Hospital. In 1950 he was a venereological registrar at the Royal Infirmary, Liverpool. In 1951 he was appointed to his post as a consultant venereologist in Kent.
At the time of his election to the fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians in 1972 he listed cabinet making, woodturning and music as his interests.
In 1947 he married Muriel Parr, the daughter of William Stephen John Parr, a major in the RAMC. They had three sons.
(Volume XII, page web)
<< Back to List