b.3 November 1932 d.14 July 1999
BSc Lond(1954) MB BS(1957) MRCS LRCP(1957) MRCP(1964) FRCP(1979)
Peter Colin Richardson was a consultant in general medicine and gastroenterology at Harlow. He was born in Clynderwen, the son of Leslie John Richardson, a clerk. He was educated at Abingdon School and then went on to the London Hospital. After house jobs at the London he joined the medical unit, working on hypertension in rats. He later developed an interest in gastroenterology and was a research assistant in the medical research unit at the Central Middlesex Hospital under Sir Francis Avery Jones. In 1972 he was appointed as a consultant at Harlow. There he introduced endoscopy and testing for helicobacter in peptic ulceration.
Outside medicine he was interested in gardening and music, particularly opera. In 1972 he married Judith Marion née Hall, a paediatrician and the daughter of a bishop. They had twin sons, John and David. He died from fibrosing pulmonary alveolitis.
(Volume XI, page 479)
<< Back to List