b.24 August 1806 d.9 September 1864
MB Cantab(1831) MD(1836) FRCP(1837)
G. E. W. Wood was educated at Westminster School and Trinity College, Cambridge. He graduated as M.B. in 1831 and as M.D. five years later. He practised until 1856 at Winchester, where he held the appointment of physician to the Hampshire County Hospital. He lectured on the practice of physic and materia medica at one stage of his career, but the place and dates of his lectureship are uncertain. He gave the Harveian Oration at the Royal College of Physicians in 1858. He retired to East Sheen, Surrey, but died in Paris.
G H Brown
[J. Welch, Alumni Westmonasterienses, 1852, 488, 495]
(Volume IV, page 16)
<< Back to List