b.9 September 1851 d.5 September 1927
MD Durh FRCS(1876) FRCP(1901) JP
W. J. Tyson was born at Folkestone, the son of William Taylor Tyson, M.R.C.S. He went to school at Queen’s College, Taunton, and studied medicine at Guy’s Hospital, where he held house appointments after qualifying in 1874. He proceeded to the F.R.C.S. in 1876, and in the same year settled in practice at Folkestone. There he was associated with the Royal Victoria Hospital as medical officer, physician and chairman for nearly fifty years. A devoted churchman, he was a member of the House of Laity for the diocese of Canterbury. He played cricket and golf to a late age. Tyson married Lola, daughter of Julius Houssemayne du Boulay of Sandgate and had three daughters.
G H Brown
[Lancet, 1927; B.M.J., 1927; Plarr, ii, 452]
(Volume IV, page 433)
<< Back to List