MB Lond(1845) MD MRCS FRCP(1879)
Henry Stevens received his medical education at King’s College, London, graduated as M.B. in 1845, and served as a house surgeon at King’s College Hospital. In 1853 he was appointed resident physician-superintendent of St. Luke’s Hospital for the Insane, and in 1865 became a medical inspector in the Privy Council’s service, being afterwards transferred to the Local Government Board. In the latter capacity, he compiled reports on the sanitary condition of Malpas and Rochester; he also supervised the institutions at which medical students were taught vaccination. He retired in 1870.
G H Brown
[MS. Obituary, R.C.P]
(Volume IV, page 268)
<< Back to List