Lives of the fellows

Heinrich Port

b.1843 d.25 March 1899
MD Erlangen FRCP(1886)

Heinrich Port was born at Nuremberg, the son of a pastor, Christoph Port. He studied at Erlangen, Tübingen, Bonn and Würzburg, and after taking his degree in 1866 became assistant physician to the Erlangen University Policlinic. His career in England began with his appointment in 1868 as house surgeon in the German Hospital, Dalston. During the Franco-German War he served with the Bavarian army and received the Bavarian Military Order of Merit. In 1872 he was elected physician to the German Hospital, a post that he kept till his death. He was also one of the examining physicians to the National Hospital for Consumption, Ventnor.

G H Brown

[Lancet, 1899; B.M.J., 1899]

(Volume IV, page 317)

<< Back to List