b.9 April 1808 d.2 January 1868
MA DM Oxon FRCP(1838)
William Page, second son of Rev. William Page, D.D., a former headmaster of Westminster School, was educated there and at Christ Church, Oxford, and attended St. George’s Hospital for his medical training. In 1841 he was appointed assistant physician, and, in 1845, full physician to the Hospital, where he also lectured for a time on the theory and practice of medicine. Reliable and untiring as a hospital physician, Page did not achieve distinction in any special field. He was, however, prominent in the affairs of the Royal College of Physicians, being Goulstonian Lecturer (1840), Censor, Harveian Orator (1860), and Treasurer (1867-68). In 1856 he married Julia Katherine, daughter of Robert Keate, Serjeant-Surgeon to the Queen.
G H Brown
[Lancet, 1868; Al.Oxon., iii, 1056; B.M.J., 1868]
(Volume IV, page 19)
<< Back to List