b.7 October 1859 d.22 October 1936
MB Cantab(1887) MA MD FRCP(1915) JP
George Morrice was born at Longbridge Deverill, Wiltshire, the son of Rev. Canon W. D. Morrice of Salisbury by his second wife. He was educated at Radley and Trinity College, Cambridge, and carried out his clinical training at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital. After graduating as M.B. in 1887, he was clinical assistant at the Royal London Ophthalmic Hospital, the Middlesex Hospital, and the Central London Throat and Ear Hospital, and then became resident medical officer at the Eastern Fever Hospital. His first practice was at Salisbury, where he was elected physician to the Infirmary. In 1898 he moved to Weymouth and was appointed to the staffs of the Dorset County Hospital, the Royal Hospital and the Eye Infirmary. He remained there for the rest of his life.
G H Brown
[Lancet, 1936; B.M.J., 1936; Al.Cantab., iv, 469]
(Volume IV, page 545)
<< Back to List