b.24 January 1810 d.7 December 1866
MB Cantab(1833) MD FRCP(1839)
Henry Jeaffreson, second son of John Jeaffreson, an Islington surgeon who was a descendant of Colonel John Jeaffreson of Monk’s army, was educated at St. Paul’s School and Pembroke College, Cambridge. After graduating as M.B. in 1833, he began a lifelong connection with St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, becoming assistant physician in 1836 and physician in 1854. He held many other professional appointments, being consulting physician to the Holborn Dispensary after 1847, consulting physician to the City of London Hospital for Diseases of the Chest, and physician to several insurance companies. It was, however, as an able and successful private practitioner that he was best known. At the Royal College of Physicians he held the office of Censor.
G H Brown
[Lancet, 1866; B.M.J., 1866; Moore, ii, 565; Al.Cantab., iii, 554]
(Volume IV, page 20)
<< Back to List