b.1807 d.29 June 1891
BA Cantab(1829) MD(1839) FRCP(1840)
Mervyn Crawford, son of Alexander Crawford, was born in Dublin and educated at Cranford in Middlesex before going up to Trinity College, Cambridge, in 1824. Having graduated as B.A. in 1829 and M.D. in 1839, he joined the staff of the Middlesex Hospital in 1841 as assistant physician. He was raised to the status of full physician in 1843 and obtained the lectureship in medicine two years later. Another appointment held by him was that of physician to St. George’s and St. James’s Dispensary. He was Censor at the Royal College of Physicians in the years 1851 and 1852. In 1855 Crawford left London and, for the greater part of the next twenty-five years, until his retirement to Brighton in 1880, practised on the Continent, mainly at Wiesbaden and Paris. He died at Brighton.
G H Brown
[Med.-Chir.Trans., 1892, lxxv, 16; Al.Cantab., ii, 170]
(Volume IV, page 22)
<< Back to List